- A snail can sleep for three years.
- All polar bears are left handed.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Ants never sleep.
- Owls cannot move their eyes because their eyeballs tubular in shape.
- A newborn kangaroo is about 1 inch in length.
- A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
- There are 701 types of pure breed dogs.
- Tapeworms range in size from about 0.04 inch to more than 50 feet in length.
- A baby bat is called a pup.
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
- German Shepherds (dog) bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
- A female mackerel lays about 500,000 eggs at one time.
- The animal (insect) responsible for the most human deaths world-wide is the mosquito.
- The biggest pig in recorded history was Big Boy of Black Mountain, North Carolina, who was weighed 1,904 pounds in 1939.
- Snakes are immune to their own poison.
- Cats have more than one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
- Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
- A shrimp's heart is in their head.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
- Hydra - an aquatic creature is the only living creature that never die. It regenerates, replacing its cells with fresh ones.
- In the animal kingdom, the animals that fart the most are the elephants.
- Lions, leopards, tigers, and jaguars are the only species of cats that can roar; but they can’t purr.
- Entomophagy is the scientific name for insect eating. There are more than 1,450 recorded species of edible insects. Many species of insects are lower in fat and higher in protein and have a better food-to-meat ratio than beef, lamb, pork, or chicken.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Unbelievable Facts about Animals
Posted by Rajesh Kainth at 9:24 PM